Monday, November 4, 2013

A little bit of Old in the New

While building a new house this last winter, my wife and I decided to include some cool antique's we had been collecting in the design. My favorite peace was a 1907 Swedish American Telephone Company "Hercules" wooden wall phone that I picked up at a resale shop for $30. It was missing the generator and the cap on the end of the earpiece but for the price it was a steal. After a little Ebay luck I found a original generator and a time appropriate earpiece and installed those. I decided I couldn't just have it on the wall, it had to do something.... how about a doorbell?






I wired in some speaker wire directly to the ringer and connected this to my original doorbell wires.


The 24vac doorbell transformer wouldn't work for this application so I had to enlist the services of a Tellabs 9101 ringing voltage generator to supply the 90vac 30 Hz.


Here is a video of it in action




No comments:

Post a Comment